10/1/10

Parents Visit to the City

Top - Boutique in Santa Barbara // Pearl & Chain necklace - Forever 21 // Ring - little shop in Santa Barbara





My amazing parents came to visit me back in April and I figured I'd share some pics. I'm originally from the Boston area and moved to California 3 years ago, and each time they try and make a trip out here we have a great time and it means a lot to me to see them. The first night they arrived we had dinner at Osha Thai on Union St. We got a few dishes to split between us and my boyfriend. The food was fantastic (yellow curry, lemongrass chicken, volcanic beef, and pad thai) and so were the drinks - I got the Lady Gaga (Svedka raspberry vodka, fresh lemon squeeze, drops of Chambord)! One night we had dinner at Betelnut- superb! One of their dishes is on the list of 100 foods to eat in S.F. before you die - the lettuce cups. Food was 4 stars out of 5. 








The following day I took them into the Mission to get a delicious burrito and beer from La Taqueria and show them a new part of the city than where they were staying. They, of course went to the wharf and union square on their own time, very touristy so they went while I was working. 







One day I took them to the Castro to show them around America's first and biggest LGBT community in S.F. We walked around Market St and passed my favorite name for a nail salon - Hand Job (picture above). Then we headed to Ike's and got some tasty sandwiches and then some margaritas at a really nice cafe. I'll post the rest of my restaurant reviews and pics tomorrow from their stay.